MAINTENANCE MANAGERJOB DESCRIPTION
MAINTENANCE MANAGERJOB DESCRIPTION
Tellepsen Landscaping strives to provide clients with a level of service that is outstanding. We consider our Maintenance employees to be professional gardeners who are committed to quality in all that they do.
Our Maintenance employees directly represent our values to our clients, and we want the best people with passion for their work.
This position reports directly to the Vice President. It is impractical to list every responsibility that a Maintenance Director is expected to maintain, but an outline of the responsibilities for the position are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Job Organization & Administration
• Analyze current maintenance agreements and track budgeted versus actual time and expenses on jobs.
• Assist Tellepsen Landscaping Financial Manager in completing invoices in a prompt manner.
• Have exceptional communication with clients. Keep them informed of Tellepsen’s efforts in their gardens.
• Visit clients’ gardens routinely. Be prepared to alter scheduled work to address priority issues.
• Assist Applicator in developing and implementing plans for fertilization, weed control, and IPM plans.
• Develop and implement pruning strategies for foremen and crew. Note special requests by clients regarding pruning.
• Schedule once a year, or more, meetings with clients to review gardens.
• Secure plants and other materials needed for color change outs and for regular use in clients’ gardens.
• Create monthly schedules for biweekly and weekly clients.
• Estimating & Proposals
• Must have excellent abilities for estimating new and existing gardens and develop maintenance proposals for client review.
• Review potential maintenance client’s gardens for reasonable expectation of crew hours needed to maintain properties.
• Coordinate with Tellepsen Landscaping’s Financial Manager when proposals are accepted or declined.
• Create proposals for seasonal color change outs, freeze protection, and other non-contract services completed for clients.
• Work with Landscape Architects to present maintenance proposals after the installation of new or renovated gardens.
Foremen & Crews
• The Maintenance Director is responsible for providing leadership and setting a good example for foremen and crews.
• Instruct and train foremen and crews to provide quality and value for Tellepsen clients and to be productive and efficient in their efforts.
• Actively recruit promising supervisors, chemical applicators, foremen, and crewmen.
• Handle daily logistics for crews (including but not limited to):
1) Uniforms – coordinate with Office Manager for crew uniforms and make sure all crewmembers are in uniform.
2) Vacation Requests – Approve employees’ vacation requests and inform Office Manager.
3) Personal Days – Approve personal days off.
4) Terminations – Complete all paperwork for an employee leaving the company.
• Approve official timesheets:
1) Ensure validity and accuracy of time sheets and coordinate with Payroll Clerk.
2) Ensure that all vendor or subcontractor invoices are coded and given to Office Manager daily.
• Handle any disciplinary matters and ensure company policies are followed by Maintenance employees.
1) Meet with employees to correct actions.
2) Counsel employees, document incidents, and terminate employees as needed.
Equipment, Vehicles, & Materials
• Responsible for company vehicles, equipment, and materials purchased and used by Maintenance Department.
• Coordinate with crew foremen to ensure crew vehicles and equipment are maintained, serviced, or repaired in a timely fashion.
• Coordinate with crew foremen to ensure that regular maintenance is being performed on trucks and trailers.
• Review and coordinate with Financial Manager any purchases.
• Work with Applicator to ensure that inventory is correct.
*This position may require occasional work on Saturdays, especially in the fall and spring, under deadline constraints, or during the holiday season.
• AS or BS in Horticulture or related field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in Landscape Maintenance.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Highly motivated and able to work under pressure/deadlines.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work outside during different seasons and weather conditions.
• Spray Applicator license and/or irrigation license preferred.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred.
• Acceptable driving record and background check required.
• This is a salaried (exempt) position. Salary offer will be based upon more than 40 hours per work week and experience.
• Health insurance options
• Paid personal time off
• Professional licenses and approved professional development paid
• Company supplied vehicle
Job Type: Full-time